Table of Contents
- What personal data we collect
- Users outside of the U.S.
- What rights you have over your data
- What we use your data for
- Who we share your data with
- How long we retain your data
What personal data we collect
We may collect different data from or about you depending on how you use the Reviewnprep website. Below are some examples to help you better understand the data we collect.
Profile Data - You can choose to provide profile information like a photo, about you, social media. Your Profile data will not be publicly viewable by others. You can delete data about yourself in your profile.
Data About Your Accounts on Other Services - We may obtain certain information through your social media or other online accounts if they are connected to your Reviewnprep account. If you login to Reviewnprep via Facebook, Google, LinkedIn or another third-party platform or service, we ask for your permission to access certain information about that other account.
Those platforms and services make information available to us through their APIs. The information we receive depends on what information you (via your privacy settings) or the platform or service decide to give us.
If you access or use our Services through a third-party platform or service, or click on any third-party links, the collection, use, and sharing of your data will also be subject to the privacy policies and other agreements of that third party.
Shared Content - Parts of the Services let you interact with other users or share content publicly, including by posting reviews, asking or answering questions. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted
We use Google Analytics services to help us analyze your use of the Services, including information like the third-party website you arrive from, how often you visit, events within the Services, usage and performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We use this data to improve the Services, better understand how the Services perform on different devices, and provide information that may be of interest to you.
Users outside of the U.S.
Reviewnprep is a small startup headquartered in Wisconsin, and in order to provide the Services to you we must transfer your data to the United States and process it there. By visiting or using our Services, you consent to storage of your data on servers located in the United States. If you are using the Services from outside the United States, you consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of your data in and to the United States or other countries.
European Union Data Protection
Residents in the European Union are entitled to certain rights with respect to personal information that we hold about them:
- Right of access and portability: The right to obtain access to your personal information, along with certain related information, and to receive that information in a commonly used format and to have it transferred to another data controller;
- Right to rectification: The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure: The right to obtain the erasure of your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
- Right to restriction: The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information; and
- Right to object: The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information, and to object to processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
You may also have the right to make a complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact us using the contact [email protected] and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
By submitting your data or using our Services, you consent to this transfer, storage, and processing by Reviewnprep.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left reviews and/or comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. To stop receiving promotional communications from us, you can opt out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in the promotional communication you receive.
What we use your data for
We also use your personal information together with other personally non-identifiable information to help us better understand our users, to personalize and improve your experience with our Site, and to improve the content and functionality of our Site. This may include providing information about our goods and services that we feel may interest you and enhance your interaction with us. We will communicate with you about these goods and services via email, direct mail, telephone, or on our Site. These communications may include newsletters, promotional emails, product updates, or market research requests. We will use your information for this purpose only if you have given your consent to receive marketing material from us at the point we collected your information, where required by law, or otherwise in our legitimate interests, provided these interests do not override your right to object to such communications.
Information we collect about you from your use of our Site: We will use this information in our legitimate interests (where we have considered these are not overridden by your rights), to administer our Site, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and statistical survey purposes. We will also use this information to keep our Site safe and secure, for measuring the effectiveness of how we present content and how we market and advertise.
Information we receive from other sources: We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights). We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Who we share your data with
We consider your personal information to be a vital part of our relationship with you and do not sell your personal information to third parties. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your personal information with certain third parties, as follows:
- With Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents: We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like data analysis, marketing and advertising services (including retargeted advertising), email and hosting services, and customer services and support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
- With Business Partners: We have agreements with other websites and platforms to distribute our Services and drive traffic to Reviewnprep.
- For Security and Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding;
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or other legally-valid request;
- Permitted or required by law;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
- Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of Reviewnprep, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Services.
- After Aggregation/De-identification: we can disclose or use aggregate or de-identified data for any purpose
Who we share your data with
The profile, review, rate, comment, and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
A number of cookies we use last only while you are on our Site and expire when you close your browser or exit our Site Others are used to remember you when you return to our Site and will last for longer. We use these cookies on the basis that they are necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or because using them is in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights), and, in some cases, where required by law, where you have consented to their use.
We use the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies (Security): These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website like adding a review.
Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate interests of improving the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information subject to your choices and preferences to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We may also work with advertising networks (like Google ads) that gather information about the content on our Site you visit and on information on other websites and services you visit. This may result in you seeing advertisements on our Site or our advertisements when you visit other websites and services of third parties. Please note the below:
- Google's use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.